Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24

Thread: Guys, how do you shave?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Guys, how do you shave?

    do you take up strokes, down strokes or do you take no strokes and sport facial hair?
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Monkeyhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 10th, 2004
    Posts
    1,459
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Guys, how do you shave?

    As of now I have facial hair for the hunting season. When I do shave I hit at just about every angle for the smoothest feel. All hair don't grow at the same exact angle so one must take this into consideration.
    crack is whack

  3. #3
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Guys, how do you shave?

    me, it is according to how new my razor is. new razor = up shaving. old razor = down strokes to keep the cut's down
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Monkeyhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 10th, 2004
    Posts
    1,459
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Guys, how do you shave?

    My hair is to rough for a downward stroke. Razors don't last long against my facial hair.
    crack is whack

  5. #5
    Inactive Member imported_kydawg95's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    426
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Guys, how do you shave?

    I'm like Monkeyhead I try to hit about every angle I can to try to get my face as smooth as possible!
    free like OJ all day

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Diets17's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2004
    Posts
    1,291
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Guys, how do you shave?

    I believe the key to shaving is taking the softest and fewest stokes you can, and to use a good after shave that will protect your skin. This will make your skin look fresh, instead of how some people look after they shave, irratated (like they just ripped a layer of skin of their face), thats not the correct way to shave. Both up and down stokes are needed though at certain areas on my face. Everyones face is a bit different though. Just be gentle, and use least amount stokes as possible and you should be fine. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member JB4VT's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2005
    Posts
    71
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Guys, how do you shave?

    haha on queer eye for the straight guy i think they said how you were suppose too, but i wasnt payin attention....for me its downward strokes on the sides and cheek area and upwards strokes in the neck area...usually works out for me fairly well
    I dont know what a hokie is...but god is one of them..

  8. #8
    Inactive Member greencrest1272's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2004
    Posts
    1,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Guys, how do you shave?

    If one didnt know what you were talking about that post would come across very vulgar... [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

    "Just be gentle and use the least amount of strokes possiable" [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.

    -Teddy Roosevelt

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Guys, how do you shave?

    Norelco beard and moustache trimmer. Setting 2 if I want my short to mid beard or setting 1 if I want the five o'clock shadow, or just right for Lis beard [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  10. #10
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Guys, how do you shave?

    Upward strokes everywhere except the upper lip & chin. I shave w/hot water and a mach 3 razor--no shaving gel/cream...it softens up my skin too much and I get more cuts with gel or cream. I've tried all kinds...water and a good razor works best for me.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •